ISO 22000:2018 AWARENESS AND INTERNAL AUDIT TRAINING
ISO 22000:2018 is a standard for Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) and provides the requirements for any organization in the food chain. The recent update to the 2018 version is the second edition of the ISO 22000 standard; formerly, it was the ISO 22000:2005 version, which had a long history of development. Instead of 8 clauses as per 2005 version, now we have 10 clauses in 2018 version with a comprehensive approach to cover the risk based thinking in relation to food industry. This ISO 22000:2018 Awareness and Internal Audit Training standard provides strategic direction for an organization to improve its overall food safety performance based on the process approach and specified FSMS requirements in the standard.
In this course you will gain the required skills to conduct a base-line review of your organization’s current position and implement the key principles of ISO 22000. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll learn how to develop an implementation plan, create necessary documentation and monitor your FSMS Plan.
- Interpreting the fundamentals of auditing and basic steps in conducting audit within an organization.
- To define the relation between auditing function within an organization and continual improvement of business process as stipulated in ISO 22000:2018 Clause 9.0.
- Able to apply effective audit, interview, observation and fact finding skills
- To be able to apply the key new concepts stipulated in latest ISO version on Risk Based Thinking, Knowledge Management, Process Approach and Internal & External Issues and Interested parties.
TARGET GROUP (WHO SHOULD ATTEND?)
Production Executives/Engineers, QA/QC Technicians, Middle management (Supervisors, Executives & Engineers) and Production, R&D, QA and Engineering Managers, Qualified and trainee Internal Auditors.
MODE OF DELIVERY
Powerpoint slides, Group discussions, Workshops, Quiz
English and Malay deemed necessary
- Describe and interpret the general compliance requirements of ISO 22000:2018 by clause
- Interpret and implement organizational risk assessment measures and reporting
- Assess and evaluate compliance via examination of documentation
- Verification of compliance with requirements during Internal Audit via review of sufficient documented objective evidence
Key changes: Definition [NEW!] Context of the organization (clause 4)
Leadership and commitment (clause 5)
Planning (clause 6) Including Risk based thinking
Support (clause 7)
Operation (clause 8)
Performance Evaluation (clause 9)
Improvement (clause 10)
Group Exercise 1: Drafting Audit Checklist for Clauses 4.0-10.0 in groups
Theory of Internal Auditing
- Audit Purpose & Audit criteria
- Roles & Responsibilities of Audit Participants
- Audit Preparation & Planning:
- Audit Execution
- Audit techniques
- Questioning technique and Body language
“Pop Quiz”-Recap of Day 1-Reinforcement of Learning technique
Theory of Internal Auditing
- Audit reporting/Follow Up:
- NCR statement
- Root Cause Analysis
- Correction, Corrective Action
Group Exercise 2: Drafting Documented objective evidence
Group Exercise 3: Drafting Audit Questions
LIVE AUDIT EXERCISE: 1.5 to 2.0 HOURS
COMPILATION OF FINDINGS, CLASSIFICATION, CLAUSE IDENTIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT PRESENTATION SLIDES [0.5 HOUR]
MANAGEMENT PRESENTATION: 10 MINUTES EACH TOTAL FOR 4 GROUPS
POST TRAINING WRITTEN ASSESSMENT [1.0 HOUR: MCQ AND SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS]