LEAN SIX SIGMA AWARENESS PROGRAM
INTRODUCTION FOR SIX SIGMA AWARENESS PROGRAM:
This course describes how through six sigma an organizations can achieve significant improvement in profitability, cost reductions, customer value, employee satisfaction, etc., This program also includes overview of the tools and techniques of six sigma as well as road map for improving key business metrics and describes the organizational roles needed to build and manage a successful six sigma business strategy.
COURSE OBJECTIVES :
Participants will learn the bottom-line benefit of six sigma as part of an organization’s business strategy and determine the critical steps in developing a successful infrastructure within their organization. The following questions will be answered:
- Is six sigma right for my organization’s manufacturing, development, business /transactional, or service processes?
- Will a six sigma strategy solve some basic problems that we are continually confronting?
- How much in the way of bottom-line benefits can we expect to achieve through six sigma?
- How can I revitalize my current Six Sigma efforts and sustain improvements?
COURSE CONTENT :
- Background and description of Six Sigma
- Difference between Lean & Six Sigma
- Which to use when?
- Aligning Six Sigma Metrics to key business metrics
- Collect the Voice Of the Customer
- Derive the Critical To Quality(CTQ) from VOC
- Creating an Infrastructure for Six Sigma Success
- Yellow belts
- Green belts
- Black belts
- Six sigma champions
- Six Sigma Deployment through Projects
- Identify the project
- Prepare project plan
- Identify the project stake holders
- Prepare project charter
- Prepare High Level Process Map using SIPOC
- Prepare the project story board
- Essential Elements of six sigma Implementation Plan
- Effective Project Selection, Sizing and other Techniques
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Six sigma tools & statistical analysis
- Box plot
- Mistake proofing
- Drawing out a strategic road map towards your organizations six sigma direction
INTENDED AUDIENCE :
This session is designed for anyone who wants an overall understanding of the principles of six sigma and the critical steps in the process of creating a successful infrastructure.
This workshop is highly interactive and uses practical exercises, discussions, case studies, video presentation and games to reinforce understanding and assist and enhance the transfer of learning. Interactive discussion sessions will be held to draw out a strategic plan.