DEVELOPING A HIGH GROWTH MINDSET AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS (BREAKTHROUGH WORKSHOP IN SUPER CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION)
By FACE-TO-FACE PUBLIC PROGRAM
16 & 17 Oct 2023 ( Every session 9am - 5pm)
Mon & Tue
HILTON PETALING JAYA HOTEL
INTRODUCTION FOR DEVELOPING A HIGH GROWTH MINDSET AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS (BREAKTHROUGH WORKSHOP IN SUPER CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION)
What do businesses leaders need today? A new way of thinking that opens a door they didn’t even know existed. A way of thinking out of the box that seeks a solution to an intractable problem through unorthodox or rational methods or elements that would normally be ignored by logical thinking. They need breakout from their comfort zones to develop a Growth Mindset.
Experimentation and Learning are about a discovery process based on data to spark new ideas. When organisations embark on the growth mindset process, they allow workers the space and time for learning and innovation. Such culture involves an emphasis on improving, innovating and adapting.
A Growth Mindset is not a talent; it’s a thinking process that can be learned. It empowers people by adding strength to their natural abilities, which improves creativity and innovation, which leads to increased productivity and profit. Today, better quality and better service are essential, but they are not enough; exceeding expectation is the call of the day in a highly competitive market. Creativity and innovation are the only engines that will not only shield a business from competitive challenges but drive lasting global business success.
This course, Developing a High Growth Mindset and Leadership Skills in your team, aims to inspire leaders how with a growth mindset, they can transform their work and engage in innovative projects, while enhancing their skills in leading the team. Both a pre test and post test shall be included to evaluate the participants’ learning.
You will be able to:
- Understand the growth mindset in self-leadership
- Being clear of the characteristics of an Innovative Leader
- Programming the mindset and values of an Innovative Leader
- Being a Superb Team Leader in Culturing Team Values
- Adopt and apply the growth process and tools in the workplace
- Find a different and/or better way to seemingly insoluble problems
- Thinking out of the box when facing challenges
- Constructively challenge your organization’s current thinking strategy
- Turn issues into real opportunities & overcoming obstacles in experiments
- Realizing risks in growth approaches and how to mitigate it
- Develop self-confidence (especially for new hiring Managers & new promoted Managers)
Introduction to the Program
- Introducing the workshop Objectives & Facilitator
- Understanding the Right Brain and Left Brain Functions
- The Growth Mindset – Crazy or Illogical or Stupid?
- Group Activity: Highly Creative Ice Breaker – You are in Control
The Importance of Self-Leadership in Growth Mindset
- The Critical & Creative Mind in Self-Leadership
- Why Innovative Leadership is necessary in Growth Mindset
- What it takes to be an Innovative Leader
- Characteristics of an Innovative Leader
- Activity: Self-assessment – Leadership Profile
- Mind Programming: The mindset and values of an Innovative Leader
Being a Superb Team Leader – Culturing Team Values
- Understanding Team Dynamics & Synergy
- Characteristics of Group Dynamics
- Aligning Team forces ‘For’ instead of ‘Against’ You
- 5 Stages of Team Development
- Exercise: ‘Traffic-Jam’ Synergy Game – intellectual team leadership
- Programming : Culturing Team Leadership Values
The Growth Tools:
- Critical Focus – Left Brain Strategic Thinking Tools
- The discipline of defining your focus
- 7 Steps in Strategic Thinking
- SWOT Analysis & Beyond
- Group Activity: GAP Analysis
- Exercise: 80-20 Principle Analysis
- Creative Alternatives – Right Brain Creative Thinking Tools
- Generating alternative ideas
- Advance Brainstorming
- Activity: Reverse Brainstorming
- How to use ‘concepts’ as a breeding ground for new ideas.
- Creative Visualization with Mind Maps & Concept Maps
- Exercise: The Elbert Einstein’s Technique
- Growth Mindset – Discovering the Edges & Moving Beyond Challenges
- Breaking free from the limits of the accepted ways of operating.
- Heading towards the Impossible or Illogical?
- Turning the Impossible to Possible
- Exercise: Transcending Limitations in Building Self-confidence
- Activity: Collapsing Anchors to break free from comfort zone
- Random entry to overcome Obstacles in Experimenting
- Using unconnected input to open up new lines of thinking.
- Activity: Entertaining Heterogeneous Competence
- Exercise: Random Word Technique to surpass Mental Blocks
- Provocation and movement – Turning Challenges to Opportunities
- Explore the nature of perception and how it limits our creativity.
- How to Change Perceptions for Mindset Transformation
- Exercise: Perceptual Positions for Mindset Change
- Adapting – Dealing with Risks in a Growth Mindset
- Examining Present Risks in a Growth Mindset
- Brainstorming: Mitigating these Real & Present Risks
- Lessons Learnt Review
Implementation of Growth Ideas
- Collect all ideas and concepts that are less developed or obvious.
- Harnessing the solutions of another project/problem by association
- Treatment of ideas
- How to develop ideas and shape them towards their practical application in your business.
- Develop Creative Potential By Allowing Incubation Time
- Implementation Process
- Task Cycle
- Activity: Process Game
- Exercise : Process flow Chart/PERT Charting
This advanced segment goes beyond basic creative thinking skills and focuses on a process of solving business problems using six specific steps: objective finding, fact finding, problem finding, idea finding, solution finding, and acceptance finding. When used properly, this method can significantly reduce the time required to discover an innovative and sound solution.