BASIC MAINTENANCE FOR TECHNICIANS (MALAY VERSION)
By FACE-TO-FACE PUBLIC PROGRAM
22 & 23 Nov 2023 ( Every session 9am - 5pm)
Wed & Thurs
INTRODUCTION FOR BASIC MAINTENANCE FOR TECHNICIANS (MALAY VERSION)
Technical training schools graduate students with technical knowledge that are focused on theory. However in real live situation, the technicians are expected to perform effective repair, troubleshooting and at times conduct good schedule planned maintenance. all this work need good hands on skill and the work must be done very efficiently so that continuous production is not disrupted.
Much of this skill and experience are picked up through trial and error method. The technicians are required to perform all this work very systematically right from the day one. However due to business condition and customers needs, most of the time this requirements are left to chance and daily fire fighting ensures, resulting very high stress and tension in the work environment. This also results in high turn over among technicians and maintenance staffs.
However, there many best known methods in each of this area that need to be learned and practiced. It is towards this objective, this program was designed to give a very systematic and well structured course module to give all new technicians or still very junior to understand the real concept of good maintenance. This program also focus on the right working attitudes for maintenance technicians.
To give a clear picture of what is really needed of maintenance technicians.
- Understand maintenance concept.
- Different activities of maintenance.
- Why equipments need good maintenance.
- How to maintain basic equipment condition.
- How to perform good schedule planned maintenance.
- How to perform systematic trouble shooting.
- What should be the preferred attitude for maintenance.
Module 1 – Introduction to “Maintenance”
- Definition of good maintenance.
- Why equipment need maintenance.
- Why equipments keep failing.
- Equipment cost contribution to overall manufacturing.
- Zero breakdown strategy.
Module 2 – Maintain Basic Equipment Condition.
- Why maintain basic equipment condition.
- What cause equipment to deteriorate .
- Developing first line of defense.
- Develop a TLIC.
Module 3 – Schedule Planned Maintenance.
- Why current PM not very effective.
- 6 life cycles of deterioration.
- What is schedule planned maintenance.
- The objective of schedule planned maintenance.
- 12 step systematic schedule planned maintenance.
Module 4 – Systematic Trouble Shooting.
- Why effective troubleshooting.
- Current weakness in troubleshooting.
- Investigation stage.
- Analysis stage.
- Corrective action stage.
- Evaluation stage.
- Continuous improvement stage.
Module 5 – Contribute to Cost Reduction.
- Why must contribute to cost reduction.
- What are the various cost wastes.
- Contribute towards energy waste.
- Contribute towards spare parts saving.
- Contribute towards manpower cost wastes.
Module 6 – Good Maintenance Etiquette.
- What are good maintenance etiquette.
- S.U.P.E.R. technician quality.
- 7 good characters of good maintenance personnel.
- 4 must activity for good maintenance.
- Support company objectives.