TALENT MANAGEMENT AND SUCCESSION PLANNING
By FACE TO FACE PUBLIC PROGRAM
22 & 23 Jan 2024 (Every Session 9 am - 5 pm)
MON & TUE
HILTON PETALING JAYA HOTEL, SELANGOR
INTRODUCTION FOR TALENT MANAGEMENT AND SUCCESSION PLANNING
Many organizations have a formal strategy for developing their employees and identifying successors for critical positions. The Best-in-class organizations are those go beyond the traditional approach and focus on an integrated succession management process aimed at enhancing leaders’ current and future capabilities throughout the organization. Therefore, best-in-class succession management involves two key activities: tracking pivotal roles emerging as “resource pressure points” and proactively sourcing and developing a strong talent pool of future leaders.
In this program, the participant will be guided to apply the tools and techniques to identify talent pools for critical positions and develop talent for future leadership roles.
At the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- Align Talent Management Strategies to Business Plan
- Assess Current Bench Strength for Critical Positions, Roles, and Function
- Assess the potential successors’ readiness for targeted positions
- Develop strategies to prepare potential successors for their future roles
- Use the appropriate tools to measure and manage their talent pools.
- Coach and develop their potential successors.
- Manage the Career Transition and Career Crossroad Challenges
Module 1: Talent Management and Succession Planning
- How do you define talent for your organization?
- The difference between talent management and succession planning
- What is Succession Planning?
- Why organizations need to start Succession Planning
Module 2: Talent Management and Business Plan
- Alignment between the business plan and talent management strategy
- External and Internal Talent Issues
- Talent Management – where does it start?
Module 3: Critical Position
- Critical Position vs. Critical Person
- Identifying talent pools for critical positions
- Succession Planning tools and technique
Module 4: Assessing Current Talent Bench Strength
- Define the Hi-Potential Selection Process
- 9-Box Talent Matrix
- Talent Readiness Assessment
- Talent Review: Formal & Informal Structure
Module 5: Talent Reviews
- Holding a talent review – key things to consider
- A talent review framework – a practical example of a talent review in action
- The difference between high potential and high performance
- Internal identification of talent – key roles and paths and creating the right climate
Module 6: Talent Development, Career Guidance & Progression
- Career Path (Technical & Management)
- Developing Individual Career Development Plan (70:20:10 Concept)
- Development Intervention Tools (8 quarters plan)
- Talent Progress Monitoring and Tracking Tools
Module 7: Retaining Your Top Talent
- The Dilemma – Shall we tell the Top Talent?
- Career Talk & Stay Interview
- Managing Talent expectations and needs
- Managing other employees
Module 8: Aiming for Smooth Leadership Transition
- Developing Successor’s Transition Plan
- Clarifying Roles and Creating Performance Standard
- Dealing with Critical Career Crossroad
- Managing Talent Mobility