SPARE PART MANAGEMENT
By FACE-TO-FACE PUBLIC PROGRAM
04 & 05 Dec 2023 ( Every session 9am - 5pm)
Mon & Tue
EASTIN HOTEL, PENANG
INTRODUCTION FOR SPARE PART MANAGEMENT
Automation and technical advancement have produced best technological machines where human dependence and interference have been greatly reduced. This advancements have also reduced the maintainability of components to ‘discard maintenance’ level only. Most electrical or electronic components cannot be ‘pm’ or repaired as these failure patterns falls under random failure. Most mechanical parts too, are designed for reliability and thus requires replacement at specific time frame.
New maintenance techniques such as predictive maintenance, reliability centred maintenance have enhanced life span detectability. With all these advancements, having the right part at the right time, in the right quantity makes it very critical for achieving PQCDSM. Therefore, purchasing, stoking and controlling spare parts becomes an ultimate necessary for continuous non-stop operation.
Through this program, Participants will acquire :
- Fundamental knowledge regarding spares.
- Why, how and when to stock spares.
- Spare parts stocking terminology.
- Step by step setting an inventory control system.
- Review and take counter measure for frequently used parts.
- Justifying the ROI for spare parts expenditure.
- Sneak preview of computerized maintenance management system.
Module 1 : Introduction to Spare Parts Management.
- what is SPM ?
- spare parts are expenses .
- where does the money for spare comes from.
- “spare parts” the silent killer.
- why manage spare parts.
- current manufacturing bottlenecks.
Module 2 : Spare Parts Management Logistics.
- quality Vs co$t
- economic considerations.
- user considerations.
- cost – effect compromise .
- measure of effectiveness.
- spare parts inventory.
Module 3 : Spare Parts Inventory Management.
- current stock.
- maximum stock.
- minimum stock.
- lead time .
- safety stock.
- re order point.
- economical order quantity.
- obsolete rate.
- inventory monitoring
Module 4 : Establishing Spare Parts Criticalities.
- what is spare part criticality .
- how to set component criticality.
- establishing visual set up.
- ‘insurance policy”
- best practices for spare part management.
Module 5 : ‘Spare Part Usage’ Cost Reduction.
- develop spare part usage record.
- usage analysis.
- establish failure consequences.
- improve ‘parts’ life.
- reduce spare parts cost.
Module 6 : Computerised Spare Parts Management.
- what is CMMS.
- advantages of CMMS.
- ‘ATLAS’ demo.
- selection of right CMMS.