HANDLING SEXUAL HARASSMENT CASES
By FACE TO FACE PUBLIC PROGRAM
17 & 18 Jan 2024 (Every Session 9 am - 5 pm)
Wed & Thurs
HILTON PETALING JAYA HOTEL
INTRODUCTION FOR HANDLING SEXUAL HARASSMENT CASES
An employee’s ability to work should not be affected by their sex. We all share the responsibility to ensure that our workplaces are free of harassment based on gender, harassment which could affect an individual’s ability to work. So what is sexual harassment? Sexual Harassment Is Unwelcome Sexual Conduct. Sexual harassment exists in the Workplace when a woman, or a man, is made uncomfortable because of unwelcome sexual conduct.
The program is designed to provide the participants the awareness and knowledge on Sexual Harassment, learn their role in preventing it from happening to them and others, and develop appropriate strategies for implementing and creating awareness across the organization.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the conditions that constitute Sexual Harassment
- Advise the employees on the action to take if they are the victim
- Know the role of the employer in dealing with sexual harassment cases
- Identify critical steps in handling reports or complaints on sexual harassment
- Assess the alignment of current practices with the Employment Act 1955.
- Learn how to set up a mechanism to combat Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Educate employees on how to handle acts of sexual harassment.
- Overview of Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment: What Is and Is Not
- Categories of Sexual Harassment
- The Myths of Sexual Harassment
- The Law
- Employment Act 1955
- Code of Practice 1988
- Other Legislation
- Victim’s Roles and Action
- What’s the First Step?
- The Investigation: Compulsory or Optional?
- What’s the Next Step?
- Supervisor & Bystander Roles and Responsibilities
- The Supervisor’s Responsibility
- Supervisor Mandatory Reporting
- Bystander’s Responsibilities
- Handling Sexual Harassment Cases
- Investigation Procedures and Processes
- Analysis by HR and Investigator
- Resolution or Punishment
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Measures
- Cost to the Organization
- Organization Guidelines for Addressing and Preventing Sexual Harassment