TWI PROGRAM : JOB INSTRUCTION
INTRODUCTION TO TWI PROGRAM : JOB INSTRUCTION
The TWI Job Instruction (JI) program trains supervisors in how to instruct a person to perform a job correctly and safely; and to be productive as quickly as possible, while creating less scrap, rework, and damage to tools and equipment.
This tried and tested methodology is based on the 4-Step Method of Job Instruction and utilizes tools such as the Job Breakdown Sheet and Training Timetable. These work standards then provide the foundation for employee engagement, continuous improvement and problem solving.
As a trainer/coach, you will learn how to set the stage for instruction, effectively demonstrate the task, observe and coach the operator and taper off coaching with proper follow-up. Benefits experienced when practicing Job Instruction are reduced training time, less scrap and rework, fewer accidents, and increased job satisfaction.
- Conduct training based on the 4-Step Method of Job Instruction
- Apply the Job Breakdown process to define the important steps, key points and reasons used
- Utilize a Time Table for Training to identify, prioritize and schedule the training necessary for
This course is suitable supervisors, executives, engineers, section heads and Lean members
This is a highly interactive training programme, whereby participants are to gain the learning points through classroom lecture, group activity and presentation.
PRE & POST ASSESSMENT
- Participants are given pre and post assessment to assure knowledge transfer and class engagement
- Results are share for the improvement purpose
- Introduction to Job Instruction
- Role of Supervisors in Lean Transformation
- Five Needs of Good Supervisors
- Workforce Instruction – Two Ineffective Methods
- Four Steps of Job Instruction
- Four Steps to Get Ready
- Job Breakdown – Important Steps, Key Points & Reasons
- Training Timetables
- Special Instruction Problems (and how to handle them)
- Standard Work & Problem Solving
- How to Implement Job Instruction