SAFETY DATA SHEETS TRAINING
INTRODUCTION TO SAFETY DATA SHEETS TRAINING
At the conclusion of this course, the participants will:
- Know various ways to acquire SDSs for chemical products;
- Better understand what information SDSs contain; and
- Know how to put some of that SDS information to use to minimize the risk of exposure.
This course is intended for the following:
- Engineers needing chemical hazard information for the design of facilities and/or operations;
- The store manager and storekeeper manage the storage
- Workers who use hazardous chemical products; and
- Engineers, supervisors, and managers are responsible for operations in which hazardous chemicals are used.
BENEFIT TO ATTENDEES
Attendees of this course will have more tools to help them find SDSs for chemical products of interest, ensuring that all workers have access to information on the hazards of those chemicals. A key benefit of this course is that attendees will be able to understand and use more of the very useful information available in those long and technical documents.
Workers who use chemicals and those who work nearby must be made aware of the hazards associated with those chemicals, how to reduce the risk of being exposed to them, and what to do in the case of an incident associated with those chemicals.
For the worker’s safety, it is required that all employers with hazardous chemicals in their workplaces have a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) available to workers for each hazardous chemical to which they could get exposed.
This course will show you various ways to acquire SDSs, help you to understand the information on SDSs, and share a few examples of how you might be able to use SDS information to reduce risks.
This course focuses on SDSs as required many other countries also have standards.
This one-day training Outlines are as follows:
- Sources of SDS
- Summary of MSDS Contents
- Using MSDS Information
- Chemical Storage Considerations
- Personal Protection Equipment Considerations
- Incident Response and spill clean up
- First Aid treatment