RETRENCHMENT – THE CRUCIAL CONVERSATION!
INTRODUCTION FOR RETRENCHMENT – THE CRUCIAL CONVERSATION!
This program, “Retrenchment – The Crucial Conversation!” is designed to provide HR and Head of Department the skill in handling the retrenchment process. The participants will learn and practice the communication technique in delivering the bad news and managing the emotional outburst of the affected employees.
OBJECTIVE RETRENCHMENT – THE CRUCIAL CONVERSATION!
- Explain the retrenchment processes from Employment Law perspective
- Develop a strategy in communicating the company intention to the employees
- Know how to manage and responses to employees queries before the Retrenchment Day
- Apply a proper technique to deliver the bad news to the affected employees.
- Manage the mass employee morale and emotional state after the Retrenchment Day
- Support HR in preparing relevant document for IR Office Mediation session.
The Law on Retrenchment
- The Employment Law on Retrenchment
- FIFO & FWFO Principles
- Compliance to Code of Conduct of Industrial Harmony
Selecting the Employees
- Defining the Selection Criteria
- Who to keep and who to release?
- Communicating the Selection List to Management Team
Breaking the News to Employees
- Build Communication Pack for Leaders
- Kill the Grapevine! Be transparent!
- Decide the When, How and Who Break the News
Managing Mass Employees Emotional State
- Communicate Facts NOT Fiction!
- Mobilize Special Taskforce and Help Desk
- Prepare The Employees Retrenchment Information Pack
The Retrenchment Day
- Take Charge” of YOUR Emotion and Mental State
- The Last Speech: Keep It Simple and Specific!
- Dealing with Employee Emotional State
- The Exit Process: Handle with Care!
- Activate Support System for Retrenched Employees
- Appoint External Career Transition Specialist
- Managing Other Employees Emotion and Mental State
The 60-Days Dilemma
- 60-Days Post-Retrenchment
- Compiling and Retaining Related Documents
- Preparation for Mediation Process at IR Office