POKA YOKE ( ERROR PROOFING)
POKA YOKE ( ERROR PROOFING )
Poka Yoke is Japanese for error proofing. These devices or systems are used either to prevent the special causes that result in defects, or to inexpensively inspect each item that is produced to determine whether it is acceptable or defective. The life and soul of production of any kind is guaranteed quality and the ultimate aim should always be zero defect.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to :
- Explain the Poka Yoke system role in zero-defect manufacturing.
- Understand why defects occur in the production.
- Compare and select the best Poka Yoke solution.
- Overcome cultural barriers to socialize Poka Yoke.
- Start with Poka Yoke implementation.
- Introduction to Poka Yoke system.
- Defination of Poka Yoke.
- Operations & processes.
- Categories of process function.
- Categories of operation function.
- 5 elements of production.
- Defining the 5 elements.
- 4 process phenomena.
- Shigeo’s 5 questions.
- Separating error from defect.
- Causes of defects.
- Levels of defects.
- Inspection philosophies.
- 3 methods of inspection.
- Production efficiency and waste.
- Types of waste.
- Cost contributing to waste.
- Shingo’s method.
- Poka Yoke systems.
- Poka Yoke devices.
Review Poka Yoke samples.
Case studies on Poka Yoke.
Poka Yoke workshop.
For more information, please leave your enquiry!