PLAN, DO, CHECK AND ACTION (PDCA)
PDCA is designed to deliver a broad understanding of the different elements that contribute to the continual improvement of quality in an organization. Participants will be given a history of, and introduction to, some of the different quality philosophies and methodologies, as well as background instruction on systems, processes and process control. This course uses the PDCA cycle as a framework to deliver in-depth instruction on the process of Quality Improvement, a number of the associated tools and techniques, and some guidance on effectively presenting data and reporting progress.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to :
- Understand what is PDCA cycle
- Plan on improvement project
- Do what is necessary to implement the actions
- Check on the effectiveness of implementation
- Act to standardize the implementation and also further continual improvement
Managers, Engineers, Supervisors, Clerical Staff, and staff involved with writing corrective and preventive actions report.
This is a 1 day highly interactive, entertaining and useful course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
All trainers are full time employees and experienced quality professionals. They are all practising consultants. Each one of them has come from a commercial or industrial management background and you will find they understand your requirements very well.
- What is PDCA cycle?
- Introduction to PDCA.
- About Duran/Deming.
- Plan – Problems identification.
- What type of quality tools to use during this stage.
- Identification of potential causes using Fish Bone Diagram.
- Identification of root causes using Why-Why Analysis.
- Brainstorming for corrective and preventive actions.
- Do – Implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Using checklist to ensure effective implementation.
- Using control charts to monitor the stability of the processes.
- Check – Effectiveness of the implementation.
- Using line chart to compare before and after implementation.
- Using Pareto Analysis to compare before and after implementation.
- Using Histogram to compare before and after implementation.
- Benefits of implementation.
- Act – Standardization.
- Alternative corrective and preventive actions.
- Future plan.
For more information please leave your enquiry!