Permit To Work Training
Permits to Work are necessary for high risk activities and those that may compromise existing safety procedures. Therefore, if you work in an industry that often carries out high risk work, it’s crucial that you know what a permit should cover.
This course will explain the purpose of permits to work and what type of high risk activities may require them. It looks at what sections a permit should contain, who has the responsibility for preparing them, and what the duties are of everyone who will need to carry out work covered by a permit. On completion of the course, learners will understand how to prepare a permit, or follow it if their workplace receives one, so they can ensure everyone carries out high risk work safely.
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
- What types of work may require a permit to work and why.
- Who is responsible for preparing and issuing permits.
- What duties supervisors and workers have under permits.
- What information a permit to work should contain.
- What personnel must do before permits are issued and when they are in place.
- The importance of displaying permits and making sure everyone is familiar with them.
- What people should do if a permit is in place and they face difficulties during work.