LOCK OUT / TAG OUT AWARENESS
INTRODUCTION TO LOCK OUT / TAG OUT AWARENESS
The Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) training covers the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment in which the unexpected energizing or start up of the machines or equipment, or release of stored energy could cause fatal or major injury to employees. This training awareness establishes performance requirements for the control of such hazardous energy. The information covered in this session includes the steps in the LOTO and the authorized & affected employee’s responsibilities.
The aim of the training is to enable participants to develop a detailed understanding of the requirements of LOTO, in particular in relation to Machinery Safety. The training covers both legal requirements and best practice.
What you can expect
By the end of the course, the participant will :
- understand the requirements and process of Lock Out Tag Out
- know the responsibilities of those involved in the Lock Out Tag Out process
- have a clear understanding of the main procedures, documents and processes required to implement Lock Out Tag Out successfully
- be qualified to successfully and safely perform Lock Out Tag Out
- Safety legislation and standards related to machinery
- Energy source safety
- Unexpected start up
- LOTO Process – Overview of LOTO Process; LOTO Policy; LOTO Procedures Development; Practical examples; LOTO Tools; LOTO Implementation
Participant shall conduct group exercises and to define duties. By group discussion participant shall be aware on the risk of working in hazardous situation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Employees responsible for safe maintenance of machinery including :
- Engineering Personnel
- Electrical Engineering Personnel
- Maintenance Personnel
- Health and Safety Managers
- Production Managers
The training will be conducted in English or Bahasa Malaysia as required by customer. There will be lectures, workshop discussions, video presentation and pre / post test.
- What is lock out / tag out
- Types of lockout devices
- Lockout / tagout use
- Energy sources
- Typical equipment requiring LOTO
- Lock out written program
- Video presentation
- Lock out procedures & requirement
- Employee training and retraining – affected and authorised
- Special procedure