LEAN SIX SIGMA WHITE BELT
INTRODUCTION FOR LEAN SIX SIGMA WHITE BELT
This excellent course provides an introduction to the philosophy and core tools of Lean & Six Sigma. It is suitable for anyone who is considering, or who has recently commenced a Lean or Six Sigma business improvement initiative. It can be viewed as a primer to a Lean Sigma transformation and for Senior Leadership, as an overview as to the philosophy and tools.
On this Lean Six Sigma White Belt course, participants will learn about Six Sigma, Lean principles and the practical application of the core methods and tools used 80% of the time. Participants may choose to go on to complete the Green Belt and Black Belt courses afterwards.
LEARNING OUTCOME OF LEAN SIX SIGMA WHITE BELT
- You will understand what Lean Six Sigma is and why it is important
- You will know about the most important Lean Six Sigma topics, such as sigma levels, value and muda
- You will be familiar with Lean Six Sigma terminology
- You will be familiar with the Lean Six Sigma approach to improvement
- Understand the basics of Six Sigma
- Identify opportunities for applying Six Sigma
- Understand your role in supporting improvement teams
- Learn to keep your business processes lean
- What is the advantage of combining Lean with Six Sigma?
MODULE 1: WASTE AND VALUE
- What is Lean?
- Types of muda
- Thinking Lean
- What is value?
- What is a value stream?
- Value added and non-value added activities
- Identifying the 7 wastes
MODULE 2: LEAN TOOLS TO REDUCE & ELIMINATE WASTES
- Value stream mapping
- Standardized work
- 1 piece flow
- Eliminating the 8thwaste
- Poka Yoke
- Visual Management
MODULE 3: AN OVERVIEW OF SIX SIGMA
- What is Six Sigma?
- Six Sigma as a metric, a methodology and a philosophy
- DMAIC Case Study
MODULE 4: SIX SIGMA TOOLS
- Problem definition
- Root cause analysis
- Basics of Minitab 17
- Using graphical functions of Minitab 17 in analyze phase
- Using statistical functions of Minitab 17 analyze phase
- DOE with Minitab 17
- Response Optimizer
For more information, please leave your enquiry!