ISO 14001:2015 PROCESS APPROACH INTERNAL AUDIT
INTRODUCTION FOR ISO 14001:2015 PROCESS APPROACH INTERNAL AUDIT
This interactive course employs a metrics-driven, process-based approach to the theory and practice of conducting value-added audits to the Environmental Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Standard. It prepares internal auditors to perform effective process audits and helps managers and supervisors take full advantage of the internal audit process. Training includes a detailed review of all elements of ISO 14001:2015, effective implementation, and the benefits of quality and environmental management systems. This course meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual internal auditors. Training also addresses the requirements of the ISO 19011:2002 Auditing Standard.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Gain a working knowledge of a quality management system based on the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
- Enhance their understanding of process-based, metric-driven auditing techniques
- Learn the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and understand its inter-relationship with other elements of the ISO family of standards. Role-play exercises give students practical experience with auditing
- Presentation Slides
- Case Study
- Role Play
- Interactive Participation from the Audience.
- Group Activity-Team Project
This course is designed for individuals responsible for managing an audit program for ISO 14001:2015, Internal Auditors, ISO committee member. It is appropriate for anyone seeking to learn the process-based, metrics-driven audit process.
- Introduction to Environmental Management System Audit
- Types of audit
- ISO Guidelines for auditing
- Audit Preparation & Planning
- Workshop: Audit group (consist of 3-4 team members) to prepare an audit notes/ checklist (based on process approach method) for EMS based on the company’s SOPs/ WIs for a selected process, which will be used during audit.
- Audit Procedure
- Audit Documentation
- Performing the Audit, Opening Meeting and Closing Meeting
- Audit Skills
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Questioning skills
- Observation skills
- Investigation skills
- Conflict handling skills
- Audit Trail
- Objective Evidence
- Corrective Action & Follow-up
- Good and Bad Auditors Attributes
- Live Audit
- Audit group (consist of 3-4 team members) will perform the audit for around 2 hours based on the prepared audit notes.
- Document Write-up and Reporting
- Each audit group to report their findings in the ”closing meeting” and prepare a set of audit documents, including audit reports and NCR, which will be return to the team after the course for reference.