IATF 16949:2016 is the International Standard for Automotive Quality Management Systems. IATF 16949 was jointly developed by The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) members and submitted to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for approval and publication.
On October 3, 2016, IATF 16949:2016 was published by the IATF and therefore supersedes and replaces the current ISO/TS 16949:2009, defining the requirements of a Quality Management System for organizations in the automotive industry.
IATF 16949:2016 is the global technical specification and quality management standard for the automotive industry based on ISO 9001:2015. It is designed to be used in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015, and contains supplemental requirements specific to the automotive industry rather than being a stand-alone QMS
IATF 16949 emphasizes the development of a process oriented quality management system that provides for continual improvement, defect prevention and reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain. The goal is to meet customer requirements efficiently and effectively.
The standard is applicable to any organization that manufactures components, assemblies and parts for supply to the automotive industry.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understanding the key changes
- Interpret the key clause requirements of ISO/IATF 16949 requirements
- Linking Internal , External issues and Interested parties requirement for comprehensive QMS scope
- Risk Based Thinking and Opportunity, & Evaluation Techniques
- Process Approach for QMS
- Interaction of Processes
- Knowledge Management – How to do it
- Understanding Change Control (MOC)
- Eliminate or minimize QMS risks
- Improve performance and effectiveness
- Protect and improve brand reputation
- Transform operations from detection to prevention mode
- Improves compliance with current legislations