EFFECTIVE SAFETY AND HEALTH COMMITTEE
INTRODUCTION FOR EFFECTIVE SAFETY AND HEALTH COMMITTEE
This training is intended to help committees and employers understand their responsibilities for establishing and maintaining healthy and safe workplaces. It is not only a detailed description of the legislation but covering the setting up of OSH Policy and an effective Safety & Health Committee. Terms used, such as “work together” or “should” do not necessarily mean that there is a legal requirement for the committee to do everything discussed.
Legal requirements are partially listed in the Occupational Safety & Health Act 1994 and Safety & Health Committee Regulations which require the committee to perform specific tasks, such as to promote consultation and cooperation between management and workers in upgrading safety & health at work, to provide a two-way communication channel or dissemination of information on safety & health issues, to enhance interest and motivation of all groups of management and workers at place of work in safety & health.
To provides a detailed understanding of Safety and Health Regulation and requirement on establishing safety & health policy and committee and the OSH management systems that needs to be implemented in workplace to ensure compliance with OSHA.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
Successful completion of the program will enhance the skills of the participants and enable them to:
- Set-up an effective Safety and Health Policy and Committee
- Understand the functions/requirements of Safety and Health Committee.
- Identify the roles of individuals in ensuring safety and health at the workplace.
- Understand procedures of handling Safety issues.
- Conduct safety inspection of the workplace.
- Respond to accidents/incidents promptly.
- Composition of Safety and Health Committee
- Function of Safety and Health Committee
- Safety and Health Committee
- Training and Information
- Total Safety System Model
- Behavioral Based Safety Self assessment
- Safety Management based on ISO 45001
- Safety Inspection
- Safety Audit based on ISO 45001
- Accident Investigation Process