EFFECTIVE PREVENTIVE AND PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE
In the beginning there was preventative maintenance (PM). And PM’s were good. But those regular, scheduled PMs come with a price tag of their own. Each time a task is performed, such as a filter changed, a pump or motor overhauled, or bearings lubricated, money is spent on replacement components, man hours, and often done during the available production time to perform the actions.
Predictive maintenance, (PdM) is a step up on the maintenance pyramid from preventive maintenance toward improved efficiency. Within the PdM strategy, is the practice of condition-based maintenance (CBM). The concept here is to look, listen and feel the machines to know what needs to have service work and when. By doing so you will keep your finger on the pulse of the equipment and allow the maintenance staff to make sound judgments on when and what needs to be done.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Concepts of Preventive & Predictive Maintenance
- When to use Preventive & when to use Predictive?
- Learning to identify the weak spots in our maintenance program
- Assess your present preventive maintenance performance
- Applying the correct maintenance strategy to your organization
- Measure your resulting benefits
- Improve productivity through use of better, more timely information
- Implement a practical and effective predictive maintenance effort
- The direction of PdM using IoT (Internet of Things)