EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF TOTAL PRODUCTIVE MAINTENANCE TOWARDS ZERO LOSSES
INTRODUCTION TO EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF TOTAL PRODUCTIVE MAINTENANCE TOWARDS ZERO LOSSES
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) has been recognized as one of the significant operation strategy to regain the production losses due to equipment inefficiency. In the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance in a manufacturing organization, both Human oriented and Process-oriented Strategy has been identified as critical success factors. TPM utilizes a team approach to remove the losses from machine areas by the introduction of autonomous maintenance preventive maintenance program. Many organizations have implemented TPM to improve their equipment efficiency and to obtain the competitive advantage, since they have access to the same technology and equipment.
But if you can maximize equipment at a higher efficiency level, you can create a sustainable competitive advantage for your company. As a result, the focus of maintenance is shifting from fixing breakdowns to maximizing overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
Participant will be able to:
- Determine the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of the machinery.
- Identify Causes and Types of Equipment Failures Measure Overall Equipment
- Effectiveness (OEE)
- Understand how to improve the effectiveness of their machinery
- Build an Effective focus Maintenance Team
- Establishes a thorough system of Preventive Maintenance (PM) for the equipment’s
entire useful life.
- Develop Maintenance standards Checklist and PM Procedures
- Be able to design and implement a TPM program
- Achieving zero losses through Small Group Activity
Introduction to TPM
- Introduction to TPM
- Objectives of TPM.
- Benefit of TPM.
- Origins of TPM
- TPM a Paradigm Shift
Understanding basic concepts of TPM – The 8 Key Pillars
- Focused Improvement (Kobetshu Kaizen)
- Autonomous Maintenance (Jishu Hozen)
- Planned Maintenance.
- Initial Phase Management (Maintenance Prevention)
- Quality Maintenance
- Training and Education Development
- Office TPM Administrative and Indirect departments
- Safety and Health Environment Management
Work place Organization -5S and Waste
- 5S Methodology
- Eliminate 7 Waste
Losses in production process Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Concept of Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
- What is OEE?
- Implication of OEE.
- How to calculate OEE?
- How to improve OEE?
- Understand Reliability
- Understand Maintainability
Understand 6 Major Plant Losses and how to address their root causes
- Setups and adjustment
- Idling and minor stoppages
- Quality defects and rework
- Start-up (loss of yield)
- Understand Sporadic Losses
- Understand Chronic Losses
Deciding right Maintenance Strategies
- Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Breakdown Maintenance
- Run to Failure
- Identify the TPM for the equipments used in the operational processes
- The TPM PM Analysis
How to Implement the 5 steps Preventive Maintenance Priority Model
- Understanding 7 step Planned Maintenance?
- Define the responsibility of the maintenance group
- Identify the different maintenance organization structures
- Organize and staff the maintenance group for optimal performance
- Implementing step Priority Model?
- Step 1: Selection of priority model Using Pareto Analysis
- Step 2: Restore deterioration & correct weaknesses
- Prevent recurrent major failures
- Step 3: Build an information system
- Preparation of Maintenance Standard
- Step 4: Build a periodic maintenance system
- Address/Reduce Major Losses
- Step 5: Evaluate the maintenance system
- Maintenance cost savings
- Develop training needs of maintenance personnel
How to Implement the 7 steps Autonomous maintenance
- What is Autonomous Maintenance?
- Develop Operator Equipment Management training.
- Develop task transfer list for the operators.
- How to Implement Autonomous Maintenance
- Step 1: Initial machine cleaning and inspection
- Step 2: Counter measures cause of contamination and improve access
- Step 3: Establish Tentative standards for lubrication and inspection
- Step 4: Overall Inspection and monitoring
- Step 5: Autonomous Inspection
- Step 6: Standardize visual maintenance.
- Step 7: Autonomous Management
- Continuous improvement
- Benefits of Autonomous Maintenance.
- Teams identify analyze potential equipment for improvements.
- Describe the activities in TPM-AM (Autonomous Maintenance)
Develop TPM Culture and Improvements.
- Plan continuous improvement activities.
- Measurement tools for performance of TPM
- Frequent review of TPM in organization
- Overall benefits of TPM in the organization.