EFFECTIVE 5S IMPLEMENTATION
INTRODUCTION FOR EFFECTIVE 5S IMPLEMENTATION
5S is a reference to a list of five Japanese words which start with S. This list is a mnemonic for a methodology that is incorrectly characterized a “standardized clean-up”, however it is much more than clean-up. 5S is a philosophy and a way of organizing and managing the workspace and work flow with the intent to improve efficiency by eliminating waste.
OBJECTIVE EFFECTIVE 5S IMPLEMENTATION
- The key targets of 5S are workplace morale and efficiency.
- The assertion of 5S is, by assigning everything a location, time is not wasted by looking for things.
- 5S advocates believe the benefits of this methodology come from deciding what should be kept, where it should be kept, and how it should be stored.
- It also instills ownership of the process in each employee.
- What is 5S?
- Introduction to 5S.
- Kaizen vs Innovation.
- Various Kaizen Programs Integrated into the Workplace.
- Suggested Sequence of Implementing Kaizen Programs.
- Understanding the Philosophy and Power of 5S.
- 5S is a Company-wide Participation Program for Kaizen.
- 5S Contributes to each Element of PQCDSM.
- Four Major Objectives of a 5S Program.
- 5S is Becoming Popular for Seven Solid Reasons.
- 5S can Expect Participation from More People for Four Reasons.
- The origin of the term 5S.
- The definition of Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke.
- The Three Different Types of Workplace.
- Repeating the 5S cycle.
- Four Key Factors of Successful 5S.
- 5S Tool Box.
- Ten Focal Points 5S Auditors Should Examine.
- Ten Useful Hints for Continual 5S Implementation.
- A Six-step 5S Two Years Master Implementation Plan.
- Effective Implementation of 5S.
Practical 5S Audits.