Data Analysis And Interactive Dashboard Reporting In Excel
Discover how to “tame” your data and make it work for you! With the huge amount of data available to us every day, a well-built and designed dashboard reports is one of the best ways to interpret and communicate large quantities of information. Learn how to synthesize information into a logical framework, summarise it into a meaningful format, and then display the summary into easy-to-read tables and graphs.
Many of us struggle to make sense of all the data that is available in this information age. With such a deluge of reports and statistics which don’t mean anything or can’t be made sense of, it’s no wonder that data is often misinterpreted or not communicated at all. Learn how to synthesize information into a logical framework, summarise it into a meaningful format, and then display the summary into easy-to-read tables and graphs. Covering dashboard reporting, balanced scorecards, visual design of charts and tables, we will also discuss the new charting and analysis features of Excel 2013.
This course is very hands-on and practical. Each participant will be expected to create their own reports, charts and models utilizing the tools and techniques covered during the course. By the end of the day, participants will:
- Understand the principles of data analysis and dashboard
- Learn to synthesize and summarise information into a logical framework.
- Consider when to use a chart or a table
- Know how to use visual effects to improve their reports and presentations
- Explore how to summarise, present and communicate data clearly and concisely
- Learn the principles of good dashboard design and presenting data graphically
- Discover the tools to analyze data & build reports using your existing Excel tools and skills (and perhaps a few you didn’t know you had!)