CREATIVE THINKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
The ability to identify problems to its root cause and to make good decisions to solve them effectively is the fundamental excellence of every successful leader. Most decisions to solve routine problems are reached without requiring any complex decision making process. However, when the problem gets more complicated or had migrated outside our thinking paradigm, it defies rational and critical thinking. These are the times where Creative Thinking & Problem Solving-Decision Making (CT-PSDM) skills becomes an invaluable asset.
In his book ‘Applied Imagination’, Alex Osborn noted two distinct kinds of thinking that are essential to being creative: Divergent Thinking – – generating lots of ideas and options, and Convergent Thinking – – evaluating ideas and options, and making decisions. This training program will explore both Divergent Thinking and Convergent Thinking processes & tools used in solving problems and making good decisions at the workplace. Effective use of creative problem solving processes and tools will help participants to tap into the know-how of other individuals, develop teamwork and consensus without getting emotional, gain commitment from others, and resolve issues in a fun manner. Everyone is on the same wavelength, using a common approach, ground rules and language, and works towards the same goal, solving problems together regardless of background or expertise. Participants will also learn how to make sound business decisions by analyzing and balancing between the benefits and risks. This training program examines a step-by-step process for identifying and solving problem creatively. Included are tools appropriate for moving through each step of the process. It is fast-paced and interactive, with group discussions, case studies, and the opportunity to learn from leaders who face similar challenges. This training program is a must all leaders who need to solve problems and make decision in their workplace and life.
OBJECTIVE AND COMPETENCIES
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define problem effectively, and clearly distinguish between the causes and effects of problems.
- Use Divergent Thinking & Convergent Thinking processes and tools to generate ideas, alternatives and evaluate ideas to select best options.
- Practice Brainstorming, Mind-mapping, Why-Why Analysis, IS/IS-Not logic techniques
- Formulate solutions by using creative processes and tools
- Apply Decision Analysis (DA) technique to make good decision, both individually & as a team
- Follow a systematic Step-By-Step Analytical Problem Solving Approach.
- Experience the Human Side of Problem Solving and teamwork.