COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCING SKILLS FOR MANAGERS USING NLP
INTRODUCTION FOR COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCING SKILLS FOR MANAGERS USING NLP
How would you feel if the people you are communicating with (be it customers, subordinates, colleagues or even family members) will listen, understand and do what you say? How much better will the world we live in be for us? Too good to be true? Learn proven easy-to-use scientific approaches to realize your communication and influencing skills:-
Being able to communicate effectively, as a Leader or Head of a Department, is an important asset. It can create superb rapport with colleagues and customers alike, increase sales and help you achieve and contribute towards your success and progression as well as theirs. So, why wouldn’t you want to be a better and more influential communicator?
This workshop incorporates tools and ideas used in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) that make a real difference by enhancing and developing your communication and influencing skills to achieve significant results. By understanding how to use all your senses, using different styles and levels of language patterns and re-writing your thinking process you can achieve the things you want at the workplace.
WHY EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION WITH NLP?
If you need to communicate successfully and influence others then this is the programme for you.
- Be more influential – learning the persuasive art to influence others overtly and covertly
- Improve confidence – with the skills to communicate effectively, your self-esteem and self-worth will be elevated to new levels
- Elevate Interpersonal Skills – develop the flair to interact well with others
- Use your mind to its full potential – use both sides of your brain to achieve maximum output
- Enhance the quality of life – make better choices and discover new directions
- Know yourself and others better – having a greater understanding of yourself and those around you will make you a better listener
- Motivate yourself and your subordinates – enhance your’ and others’ performance
- Become more creative – solve problems and make better decisions
- Become an excellent communicator – learn the essential skills to communicate with integrity and clarity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone that needs to communicate effectively, including:
- Head of Department
- Senior Managers
LEARNING METHODS USED
In this experiential training, the training facilitator adopts a coaching and facilitative approach. It is very important to engage the participants in reviewing their own outcomes.
The activities are designed to illustrate key issues that the participants are facing in communicating and influencing by using NLP tools to create illustrations, demonstrations and activities such as role plays, Mind exercises, and group discussions.
New skills will be learnt via mind programming methods using practical NLP.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Not only will you learn a new skill but you will experience actual mind programming to assist YOU in immediately applying and adopting a dynamic scientific approach to communicate and influence others effectively.
1: NLP FOUNDATION
Introduction to the Program
- Introducing the workshop Facilitator
- Introducing the Purpose of the Workshop
- Sharing Participants’ Expectations, Needs & Challenges
- Presenting the Benefits of the Workshop
- An experiential activity to set the tone
2: Foundation of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- The Foundation of NLP (The What, Why & How)
- The Senses – Representational Systems/Sensory Language
- Assessing our Preference for the use of our senses
- Learning to influence people better using VAK categories
3: Highly Effective Communication
- Understand how different methods of communication affect your work
- Recognise good and bad communication
- Learn all about human interaction and how to communicate well
- Discover how to make messages clearer, more effective and more persuasive
- Exercises: Empowering and Disempowering Communication
4: The brain
- How to use the left and right sides of your brain to achieve its full potential
- Change the way you think by re-wiring your brain, breaking habits and thinking more positively
- Learn how the unconscious mind affects our thinking, communication and interpersonal responses
5: The Power of Language
- Identifying language pattern
- Interpreting the meaning of language
- Overt and Covert Influencing
- Overt Influencing tool – Q tags
- Covert Influencing tool – Meta Models
- Advance language patterns that access the subconsciousness.
- What words to use to encourage better communication and positive outcomes?
- Exercise: Negating Language Patterns to influence covertly
6: Emphatic listening & deep communication
- Listening as an influencing tool
- Good habits of great listeners
- Benefits of emphatic listening
- 5 active listening techniques
- 3 extra steps to listen more effectively
- Learning Activities:
- Self Assessment: Are you listening?
- Role play: Applying the 5 active listening techniques
- Knowing differences in body language
- Personal reflection/action plan
7: INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
Understanding & Building Rapport with Diverse Others
- Being aware and choosing the right attitude
- Understanding the “Map of the World (Frames)” of others
- Matching and pacing others
- Building relationships with diverse others how to use body language to build rapport
- Learning Activities:
- Assessing our attitude towards others
- Different “Map of the World” exercise
- Role play: Matching and pacing others
- Reframes – Helping others switch perspectives
8: Putting It All Together
- Practice all communication and interpersonal tools in real work and life situations
- Individual and team action plans
- Establishing effective communication practices to create a winning team
- Develop an action plan to take your new skills forward