COACHING SKILLS FOR EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
INTRODUCTION FOR COACHING SKILLS FOR EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Being a successful manager requires not only business knowledge, but also coaching and communication skills. This course will teach you how to handle the challenges you face in your role as a manager and a leader in a team.
Discover the difference between coaching and managing and what you can do to become a better manager. Understand your role in team communication and what you can do to ensure fewer misunderstandings, enhance team coordination and collaboration. By applying NLP, the latest and proven scientific communication tool, you will be able to understand how to effectively communicate, deal with conflict and difficult people, and motivate and create a positive team atmosphere.
In this class, you’ll learn how to build, motivate, and maintain an effective, excellent performing team. Make the most of your employees’ skills and abilities by delegating appropriately and avoiding micromanaging. Learn how to link feedback, coaching, excellent performance management, and progressive discipline to increase productivity, ensure top performance, and to deal effectively with underperformers.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Use EI Profiling to understand the different personality types and how to deal with each personality type effectively
- Understand the concepts of coaching as a key leadership skill
- Identify and deal effectively with poor performance in the team
- Understand the NLP communication model and how to avoid obstacles to effective communication and coaching
- Gain the skills needed to master dynamic listening
- Delegate effectively to both new and experienced employees
- Practice real live coaching with individual employees, and learn how to provide effective ongoing feedback
- Apply the leadership skills of coaching to improve and develop their subordinates for excellence in Performance
New managers, new supervisors, associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers and program managers.
In this experiential training, the training facilitator adopts a coaching and facilitative approach. It is very important to engage the participants in reviewing their own outcome in coaching performance of employees for increase productivity.
By applying powerful NLP tools, the course will be taught in an interactive manner using lectures, lessons learned, practical examples, case studies, demonstrations, a personality self assessment and shared participant experiences.
- UNDERSTANDING COACHING : Leverage the Resources Available to You
- Understanding Coaching and Managing
- Qualities & Competencies of a Coach
- Process: IGROW coaching model
- Who needs coaching and who makes a good coach?
- Pitfalls to Avoid in Coaching
- MASTER THE ART OF COMMUNICATION : Share Information With Proficiency
- Become an effective communicator
- Power of Questions
- Pacing and Leading the Coachee
- Saying it simply and clearly
- Exercise Being human: Dynamic listening skills
- MASTERING RELATIONSHIPS : Understand the Coach and Coachee Emotional Intelligence
- Know why your Coachee’s Style
- EI Profiling and How to Handle each Style effectively
- Build rapport easily with Coachee
- Exercise: Real Coaching Practice
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- How to evaluate Staff Performance
- How to give effective feedback
- Negotiating coaching plans with each employee
- Practice: Identify Performance Problems and Resolving them
- MASTERING MOTIVATION
- Twin Pillars of Motivation
- The Driving Forces of the Coachee
- Motivating your under-performers
- How to create a motivating team environment
- Coaching Practice: Motivating the Coachee
- EFFECTIVE DELEGATION
- What should and what shouldn’t be delegated
- Delegate the tough, important jobs to ensure they are done right the first time
- Rules for effective delegation
- Being firm & knowing what it takes
- REALIGNING THE GAP IN PERFORMANCE : Seeking Improvement and Excellence
- Faster, better, cheaper: an effective method for improvement
- Nurturing greatness in your team
- Being positive & knowing what it takes
- Real Coaching Practice: Closing the GAP from where you are to where you want to be.