BREAKTHROUGH THINKING SKILLS FOR EXECUTIVES & MANAGERS
INTRODUCTION FOR BREAKTHROUGH THINKING SKILLS FOR EXECUTIVES & MANAGERS
Harness your Creative and Innovative Potential in Difficult Times
BREAKTHROUGH THINKING provides the key skills that business and marketing professionals need to hone their creative and innovative thinking. It includes interactive teaching tools and exercises that will help participants strengthen their creativity and learn how to apply creative concepts and innovative strategies to their business environments.
What do businesses need today? A new way of thinking that opens a door they didn’t even know existed. A way of thinking that seeks a solution to an intractable problem through unorthodox or rational methods or elements that would normally be ignored by logical thinking. They need Breakthrough Thinking.
Developing breakthrough ideas does not have to be the result of luck or a shotgun effort. This proven Breakthrough Thinking methods provide a deliberate, systematic process that will result in innovative thinking. It will enable participants to empower their creative process and generate innovative ideas and solutions needed in a difficult economy.
Creative thinking is not a talent; it’s a skill that can be learned. It empowers people by adding strength to their natural abilities, which improves creativity and innovation, which leads to increased productivity and profit. Today, better quality and better service are essential, but they are not enough; exceeding expectation is the call of the day in a highly competitive market. Creativity and innovation are the only engines that will not only shield a business from competitive challenges but drive lasting global success.
You will be able to:
- Create many alternatives which give you options for achieving the purpose
- Be very clear as to where you want to focus your creative energies and what you want as final output
- Find a different and/or better way to seemingly insoluble problems
- Break your thinking patterns to generate new practical ideas
- Constructively challenge your organization’s current thinking strategy
- Turn issues into real opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All executives & managers alike who need highly innovative solutions that help them shake up traditional logic and mindsets and bring that creativity and innovation back to the workplace.
- The workshop is highly interactive and participative allowing participants to internalize the concepts and knowledge learnt.
- Real life problems in the office will be dealt with for relevance.
- There is a mixture of lectures, role plays, skill practices, discussions, games, group dynamics, simulations, reflective, inductions, incubation and NLP mind programming exercises to integrate learning.
Introduction to the Program
- Introducing the workshop Objectives & Facilitator
- Understanding the Right Brain and Left Brain Functions
- Crazy or Illogical or Stupid?
- Group Activity: Highly Creative Ice Breaker
The Importance of Creative Thinking
- The limitations of logical thinking.
- The Nature of Creativity
- Creative Thinking is Both a Mental and Physical Activity
- Activity: Self-assessment with Creativity Profile
- Exercise: Maximize Creativity By Using Eye Movements
Breakthrough Thinking Techniques:
- Generating alternative ideas
- Advance Brainstorming
- Activity: Reverse Brainstorming
- How to use ‘concepts’ as a breeding ground for new ideas.
- Creative Visualization with Mind Maps & Concept Maps
- Exercise: The Elbert Einstein’s Technique
- The discipline of defining your focus
- Sharpening your Senses
- How to generate and use a ‘creative hit list’.
- Video activity: Self-discipline in focus
- Exercise: Nominal Group Technique
- Breaking free from the limits of the accepted ways of operating.
- Heading towards the Impossible or Illogical
- Turning the Impossible to Possible
- Exercise; Transcending Limitations
- Activity: Collapsing Anchors to break free from comfort zone
- Random entry
- Using unconnected input to open up new lines of thinking.
- Activity: Entertaining Heterogeneous Competence
- Exercise: Random Word Technique
- Provocation and movement
- Explore the nature of perception and how it limits our creativity.
- How to Change Perceptions
- Exercise: Reframing for Change
Implementation of Ideas
- Collect all ideas and concepts that are less developed or obvious.
- Harnessing the solutions of another project/problem by association
- Treatment of ideas
- How to develop ideas and shape them towards their practical application in your business.
- Develop Creative Potential By Allowing Incubation Time
- Implementation Process
- Task Cycle
- Activity: Process Game
- Exercise : Process flow Chart/PERT Charting
This advanced segment goes beyond basic creative thinking skills and focuses on a process of solving business problems using six specific steps: objective finding, fact finding, problem finding, idea finding, solution finding, and acceptance finding. When used properly, this method can significantly reduce the time required to discover an innovative and sound solution.