BASIC ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS
INTRODUCTION FOR BASIC ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS
This training enhances the audience understanding on environmental awareness through the concept of environmental pollution from the perspective of physical and natural sciences. The types of environmental pollutants and its sources are explained in pictorial illustration and are tailored to the nature of process activities of XXX SDN BHD. Then, the participants are exposed to the available environmental pollution control technology and monitoring methodology. The legal requirement and liability with respect to environmental pollution shall be discussed during the training. The most commonly applied regulations such as The Environmental Quality (Clean Air) Regulations, 2014, (Industrial Effluents) Regulations, 2009, and (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations, 2005 are emphasized. It includes latest amendments such as new regulations promulgated under the act from time to time. The rationale of this priority was based on records of its frequent application and ironically, non-compliance. By the end of this training, all participants shall be able to assess, practice and recommend improvement on the overall environmental management in their workplace with full confidence. The participants shall also be able to identify and apply provisions of these laws that are applicable to them, and evaluate its performance.
- To understand environmental issues and their relevance to the XXX SDN BHD’s activities
- To understand the environmental pollution control related to the XXX SDN BHD’s activities
- To identify environmental laws, regulations and other requirements linked to the participants’ daily activities
- To understand the basic knowledge of environmental inspection and ISO 14001
This training course is designed for XXX SDN BHD.’s employees. The course objectives are as follows:
- The trainees will understand the basic principles of environmental management systems
- The trainees will understand the key environmental issues
- The trainees will have a clear knowledge of the basic requirements of ISO14001
- The trainees will understand the Talisman’s environmental policy, objectives and associated environmental management programmes
- The client will have developed a basic working tools needed by its environmental inspection team toward ISO14001.
- The existing policy, objectives and EMS adopted by the XXX SDN BHD.’s will have been checked for its adequacy against the requirements of ISO14001
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers, Supervisors, Line Leaders and any relevant personnel of XXX SDN BHD. who are responsible for the continuous implementation of a environmentally safe and sound of work environment through their daily operation.
Informative lectures reinforced by PowerPoint presentation, videos and group discussion.
|0900-0915||Introduction to course content|
|0915-0930||Environmental Issues and Problems|
|0930-1045||Sustainable Development Goal|
|1100-1145||Basic Air Pollution and Legislation|
|1145-1230||Basic Land Contamination & Scheduled Waste Management|
|1330-1415||Basic Water Pollution and Legislation|
|1415-1515||Basic Environmental Management System : ISO 14001|
|1600-1700||Green Industry Auditing|