AS9100D AWARENESS AND TRANSITION
AS9100 (D) is based on ISO 9001:2015, and include additional requirements referring specifically to aerospace. The current standard applies to management systems that cover quality in design, development, production, installation, distribution, and servicing as well as purchasing, validation, and shipping.
The AS9100D standard contains the elements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and its corresponding guidelines. Specific items have been added to AS9100D to support aerospace specific quality and reliability requirements.
Companies that seek AS9100 certification strive to exceed government requirements, improve their performance through excellence in management practices, track and communicate their progress and work with independent auditors to enhance and certify their management systems.
Through independent certification, aerospace companies and vendors can certify that they have an effective system in place. In addition, Quality Management Systems guide firms in assessing their needs, building performance goals and reporting progress to the public.
- Increased customer satisfaction
- On-going operational improvements that cut waste and reduce costs
- Fewer errors and lower return rates
- Greater productivity and improved performance
- Simplified documentation
- Greater audit and surveillance efficiency
- Greater access to new markets
- Meets requirements for suppliers of the major aerospace manufacturers