8D PROBLEM SOLVING PROCESS
INTRODUCTION FOR 8D PROBLEM SOLVING PROCESS
Systematic problem solving is an approach that leads to root cause identification that leads to permanent fixes for most of the problems that we face during our day to day work. However this common sense approach is quite uncommon in our day to day work. Making it a habit drives us towards World Class Manufacturing.
LEARNING OUTCOME OF 8D PROBLEM SOLVING PROCESS
In this course, the participants will acquire:
- understanding of NCR (non conformance report)
- specific skills and knowledge to solve problem in a systematic manner.
- the methodology to clearly distinguish the various types of actions required in different stages of problem solving.
- root cause analysis methods
- the skills and knowledge to systematically and correctly response to internal or external customer complaints.
- the basic skills and knowledge required to solve problem deriving from customer complaint or internally driven for continuous improvement.
- Understanding course objectives
- 8D History & Description
- 8D Stumbling Block
- When to apply 8D?
- The 8D Methodology
D0 – Prepare for the 8D
- Problem selection
- Pareto charts
D1 – Form the Team
- Team Problem Solving
- Characteristics of a High Performance Team
- Generic 8D reporting format
- Team members
- Team Leader
- Benefits of team approach
- Why do teams fail?
- Team Brainstorming
D5 – Choose & Verify Corrective Actions
- Define and develop corrective actions
- Mistake Proofing
- Risk analysis and FMEA
- Corrective Action Check Sheet
D6 – Implement and validate Corrective Actions
- Applying PDCA
- Implementing your permanent and complementary fixes
- Monitoring your corrective actions
- Implementation Check List
D7 – Prevent the Problem, Recurrence
- Update the FMEA
- Preventive Actions
- Poka Yoke
For more information, please leave your enquiry!