MEASUREMENT AND CALIBRATION SYSTEM
INTRODUCTION TO MEASUREMENT AND CALIBRATION SYSTEM
This course will help those who are using or calibrating measurement instruments, calibration coordinators, or those responsible for maintaining quality, especially persons responsible for the contracting of calibration services. A good measurement system is important to conform to any quality management system. This course is intended to cover commonly used calibration terminology and practices in the industry.
- Describe what is metrology, which science of measurement
- Explain the importance of measurement in our lives and international trade
- Understanding the factors that affect measurements
- Understand the commonly used terminologies in measurements and calibration
- Introduction to Metrology: Science of Measurements
- What is Metrology?
- Measurements in our lives & workplace.
- The importance of good measurement.
- Development & Issues in Metrology
- The rise of the need for better measurements.
- Differences between resolution, accuracy, and precision.
- What is measurement uncertainty?
- Type A and Type B Uncertainty
- Standards & Standardization
- Differences in standard in the lab against an international standard.
- The concept of traceability and respective requirements
- Managing Metrology System
- Part of the Metrology System
- Calibration interval and determination
- Calibration record keeping
- Calibration procedures
- Personnel Training
- Making Good Measurements
- Measuring Instruments
- Measuring Process
- Measurement Assurance
- Unit and Measuring Instruments
- Basic SI units
- Derivatives Units
- Other resources/sources of information